Canto's ethos is to provide training for people with Special Needs or who need extra support, who are unable to access support via other specialist organisations. This includes young people on the Autistic spectrum. Young people do not need to have had a statement at school to access the service. Canto is a 'not for profit' organisation and have not registered as a charity to give them freedom to provide a service for any person who has a special need, disability, difficulty or needs extra support to help them achieve their goals. A positive outcome for Canto would mean any form of meaningful activity that enhances the person’s quality of life and is appropriate for their future success.
- E2E Vocational - A 20-week programme for young people aged 16 - 19 years of age to hone their job skills.
- E2E Launch - A 36 week programme aimed at those young people aged 16 - 19 years of age needing substantial support to move on.
- LINK - An ongoing Programme for long-term learners age 16 to 60 years (funding by Social Services).
- 'Ngage - A programme for young people in Years 10 & 11 who are disengaged with school.
- KS4 - A new programme for hard to engage / disengaged young people at school - must be 14 years of age to start.
- Brighter Futures & Brighter Futures Plus - A specialised programme for people aged between 16 - 24 years of age to begin September / October 2008.
4 core elements are incorporated into the learners programme:
- Literacy (Word skills)
- Numeracy (Number skills)
- Life Skills/IPS (Inter-personal skills)
- ICT (Information & Communication Technology)
Themed Projects including Health & Safety at Work, at Home and in the Community; Sports Activities with qualified Instructors at Benham Sports Centre; Arts & Crafts Activities; Outdoor Rural Skills Project (once a month); Work Skills; Living Skills; Enterprise Group; Team Building; Music Activity - with facilities to record own disc - and Drama Activities including filming, make up the other elements of the learners programme by choices of options running for 10-week periods.
One to One basic skills sessions are available, where extra support is highlighted through assessment processes.
Qualified counsellors hold one to one support sessions with all learners. If there is a need for in-depth counselling, provision can be brought in for a period of time.
Regular reviews are held with the learner, parents, connexions and all care agencies connected to the learner.
Personalised learning plans and bite-size milestones are agreed for the learner to achieve during their programme.
Work experience placements if applicable / available in suitable areas dependent on career choice of the learner.
Self-referrals are accepted or may be through Connexions, Youth Offending Team, Community Psychiatric nurses and Social Services.
ContactCanto LtdSouth WingWelton HouseSummer House RoadMoulton ParkNorthamptonNN3 6WD
Tel: 01604 741150 Fax: 01604 671069